'Women who regularly exercise through pregnancy also seem to maintain a better self image and are generally more positive about themselves, their pregnancies and their labour and delivery. Active women experience less insomnia, stress, anxiety and depression. (Clapp et al, 1992)
If you are pregnant, thinking of starting a family or recently had a baby then you will need to consider specialist advice regarding exercise and nutrition.
A bespoke programme is designed for you and delivered by a Personal Trainer who fully understands the demands the body is placed under during this process. We will meet at your convenience and take all weekly changes into consideration during our sessions.
As is the case with many health conditions, exercise can have a powerful and positive contribution to pregnancy when applied correctly. It involves understanding the basic physiological, psychological and biomechanical issues of the pregnancy process. This is what we are trained to help you with.
Benefits of Pre-Natal exercise:
- Improved circulation
- Enhanced muscular balance (relieving backaches and general joint soreness as a result of postural changes)
- Reduced swelling
- Eased gastrointestinal discomforts, including constipation
- Reduced leg cramps
- Strengthened abdominal muscles
- Eased postpartum recovery
- Reduced maternal weight gain and fat accumulation
- Reduction in perceived pain during labour
The post-natal period is often a difficult time in terms of maintaining the commitment to exercise.
As soon as you have completed your post-natal check up and have been cleared to exercise, Fitquest can help you achieve your objectives.
Benefits of Post-Natal exercise:
- Improved posture
- Increased muscular endurance
- Increased stamina
- Increased energy
- Increased metabolic rate
- Increased weight loss and improved body image
- Increased self-confidence
- Reduced anxiety